Welcome to the Consortium on Financial Systems and Poverty (CFSP), a consortium dedicated to improving the lives of the world’s poor by connecting rigorous research on financial services to sound policy making. CFSP accomplishes this through supporting research that focuses on three areas as they relate to the poor: savings and other financial services, macro and regulatory issues, and mobile banking. By viewing CFSP pages, posting a message or web link in an CFSP forum, creating or editing a profile, displaying an CFSP Search Box, or using any other CFSP service, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, please do not use CFSP
CFSP does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of any information, product, or service that appears in its pages, profiles, or forums. By using CFSP, you understand that the content of all material posted by visitors is the sole responsibility of the individuals who posted it. Each member who has established a Profile on the CFSP site is responsible for keeping content current and accurate.
CFSP and its designees shall have the right to edit, refuse to post, or remove any Content posted on CFSP and to move Content from one location to another within CFSP for any reason, or no reason, in their sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, CFSP and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that is in violation of the provisions hereof, or that is otherwise objectionable.
By submitting Content to CFSP, you automatically grant -- or warrant that the owner of such Content has expressly granted -- CFSP the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish and/or create derivative works from with attribution, distribute, perform, and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
You agree to indemnify and hold CFSP, its staff, and its service providers harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any User Content, any Third Party Applications, Software or Content you post or share on or through the Site, your use of the Service or the Site, your conduct in connection with the Service or the Site or with other users of the Service or the Site, or any violation of this agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF CFSP IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER CFSP OR ITS STAFF, NOR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON CFSP PAGES, PROFILES, EMAIL, OR FORUMS. CFSP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
CFSP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ANY CONTENT ON THE CFSP PAGES, PROFILES, EMAIL, OR FORUMS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES CFSP MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH CFSP. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ANY USE OF A CFSP PROFILE OR NAME IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, THAT THIS SERVICE MAY BE CHANGED OR WITHDRAWN BY CFSP AT ANY TIME, AND THAT CFSP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNRELIABILITY OF THIS SERVICE OR ANY PROBLEM ARISING FROM USE OF A CFSP PROFILE OR NAME. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF CFSP IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS IN THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH CONTENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER CFSP, ITS STAFF, NOR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE CFSP PAGES, PROFILES, EMAIL, OR FORUMS, OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN CFSP PAGES, PROFILES, EMAIL, OR FORUMS, OR RESULTING FROM ALTERATION OR DELETION OF ANY MESSAGES, EVEN IF CFSP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The CFSP site contains links to other web sites ("Third Party Sites") as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other Content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the "Third Party Applications, Software or Content"). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the CFSP site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the CFSP site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the CFSP site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the CFSP site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.
Individuals who post a link to an Internet-based study, or who request that CFSP do so, take full and sole responsibility for ensuring that the study:
- Is approved by an Institutional Review Board
- Obtains the informed consent of participants
- Involves no more than minimal risk to participants
- Does not involve deception
- Adheres fully to the CFSP User Policy
Individuals who participate in Internet-based studies listed in CFSP understand that CFSP is not responsible for researchers' compliance with these requirements, that CFSP makes no warrant or claim as to the content or quality of such studies, that CFSP is not responsible or liable for the content of studies listed in CFSP, and that CFSP shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, any studies listed in CFSP.
Users are asked not to post or transmit offensive or inaccurate material, and to keep in mind that the pages of CFSP may be viewed by children. Nonetheless, you understand that by using the CFSP forums, profiles, or other services, it is possible that you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, inaccurate, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CFSP, its staff, or its service providers be held liable for any errors or omissions in any postings or pages, or for any loss or damages of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any information contained in CFSP pages, profiles, email, or interactive forums.
When using CFSP forums, profiles, or other CFSP services, you agree not to do any of the following:
- post or transmit any message, information, data, text, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, pornographic, vulgar, obscene, infringing, inflammatory, fraudulent, libelous, that may be invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- post or transmit Content that involves ad hominem criticisms of any individual, or an effort to discourage others from (a) enrolling in specific courses or programs, (b) submitting work to specific scholarly journals, or (c) funding specific research projects;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation with another person or entity;
- post or transmit any software, graphic files, or other Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," investment or loan schemes, casino or gambling offers, or any other form of commercial solicitation;
- harvest , collect, or solicit personal information, email addresses, passwords, or other contact information of other Users from the CFSP site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- post religious content that is evangelical or missionary in nature, or is otherwise intended to proselytize readers on behalf of a particular religion;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with CFSP;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing any of the CFSP pages or services;
- use CFSP in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the site;
- upload or transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party; and
- register for more than one User Account, or register for a User Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself.
NOTICES AND PROCEDURES FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Web pages, message boards, Forums, Profiles, and email messages sometimes contain material in which Users share material they have copied electronically from other sources. Because there are thousands of possible sources spread out across the Internet (e.g., newspapers, scientific journals, and bulletin boards), it is difficult for CFSP to determine if anything posted within or transmitted through CFSP content infringes on the copyright of another party.
CFSP respects the intellectual property rights of others and, upon written notice thereof, will take action, as deemed appropriate in its sole discretion, to prevent User and Third-Party Users from using the Website, and/or the Services in violation of the intellectual property rights of others.
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 512(c)(2) of the United Sates Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 101, et seq., notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to CFSP as follows:
Consortium on Financial Systems and Poverty
5832 South Kimbark Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
By e-mail: consortium [at] cfsp [dot] org
Such notification must comply with the provisions of Section 512(c)(2)(3) of the United States Copyright Act and contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the material claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at the Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Website.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit CFSP to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit CFSP to contact the party alleging infringement, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the party alleging infringement may be contacted.
- A statement that the party alleging infringement has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the party alleging infringement is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you become aware of any violations of these terms and conditions, please notify CFSP at Consortium [at] CFSP [dot] orgas soon as possible. Although CFSP cannot guarantee that action will be taken as a result of your notification, all feedback is welcome.
CFSP shall have no liability to User for any termination of User’s rights to access or use the CFSP site (or portions thereof), and/or its Services.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other CFSP Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
GOVERNANCE AND JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, excluding its conflict of law provisions. You and CFSP agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Illinois. The failure of CFSP to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the court should endeavor to give effect to the intention reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of CFSP or these terms and conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose. The section titles herein are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. CFSP reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time.
OWNERSHIP AND RIGHTS RESERVED
All licenses, rights, and interest, including all right, title and interest in and to the Services and all intellectual property and proprietary rights associated therewith, or incorporated or embodied therein, not specifically granted to User hereunder will be, and are, specifically and entirely reserved to The Consortium on Financial Systems and Poverty at the University of Chicago and may be fully exploited by The Consortium on Financial Systems and Poverty at the University of Chicago.
CFSP will take reasonable measures not to disclose information about you or the contents of your communications, other than Content that is already publicly available or accessible via CFSP pages, Profiles, email, or Forums, unless it appears that such disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to comply with the law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce these terms and conditions; (d) to respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; or (e) to protect the interests of CFSP or others. CFSP also reserves the right to examine any email, posting, or other Content suspected of violating the terms of the CFSP User Policy.
CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
User consents to receive Communications electronically from CFSP via the e-mail address designated by User in the membership process. “Communications” are any notices, records, agreements or other guidelines, policies, or information relating to the CFSP site, Content, and Services, including any of the foregoing that CFSP may be required to provide to User by any applicable Law.
From time to time, we may e-mail you news bulletins, information on technical service issues, or information relating to the Website, and/or the Services. You consent to the delivery of such communications by e-mail to the e-mail address(es) that you provide to us when establishing your User Account.
Consortium on Financial Systems and Poverty
5832 South Kimbark Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
Any individual who established a User Account or Network Membership with CFSP
All information, data, text, images, messages, sounds, graphics and other materials (regardless of the format thereof) which (i) can be accessed, viewed, downloaded, or printed by User at the Website or by using the Services; and (ii) which have been created by, or on behalf of, CFSP, and have been posted, displayed, or otherwise made available at the Website to be viewed or accessed by User at the Website or by using the Services.
Forums (Discussion Forums)
A grouping of related threads of discussion among Users
Any individual who has established a User Account is a member of the Enterprise Research Network.
Information about the User’s Account that controls how the User views information in the Forums, including details about posted Content contributed by the User, personal information that the Account Owner wishes to share, (such as web address or weblog address), as well as, settings that control how the User interacts with the Forums
The term “Services” means any and all services, features, tools, applications and programs that are available on the Website, or that can be accessed or utilized by the User using the Website. Membership Services include the ability to create Profiles and post messages to interactive Discussion Forums.
Any individual who visits or uses the Website, whether or not he/she has established a User Account or Network Membership
An account that identifies the User and is associated with the User’s username and password, which are required for access to website the User’s Membership Services
Any documents, information, materials, and content uploaded, posted, e-mailed, transmitted, distributed, submitted or otherwise made available by User via the Website or utilizing the Services.
A person or entity with privileges to manage, review, update and edit website Content including Profiles and Forums. The website administrator also reserves the right to enter into member accounts as a proxy to edit or update information, or to terminate the User Account by his/her own discretion, or by request of the Account Owner.